Getman mechanical scalers are a key component of maintaining safe and productive working environments in underground operations, performing the necessary task of scaling safely and effectively through a purpose-built design philosophy. Mechanical scaling is the safest way to bring down loose material from back and rib surfaces.
Getman’s S324 mechanical scaler has an optimal roof scaling coverage range of 3 m to 8 m (9.8 ft to 26.2 ft), and an optimal rib scaling coverage range from 0 m to 8 m (0 ft to 26.2 ft). The single extension boom allows an advance over 4 m (13.1 ft) from a single setup, while Getman’s scaling brake package allows for easy boom movements throughout the scaling process.
S300 scalers drive safety through purpose-built design, including an operator compartment removed from the scaling area at the far rear of the machine and a stable chassis that does not require stabilizers, making emergency maneuvers a single step operation. The optimized line of sight to the scaling area improves visibility and operational effectiveness, while the cabin is rubber-mounted onto the chassis to reduce vibration transfer to the operator.
- 6.7 m (22 ft) minimum recommended drift width for optimal scaling
- 7.3 m (24 ft) high-strength, reinforced telescopic boom
- Maximum boom height reach of 10.1 m (33 ft 3 in) with 5.5 m to 7.9 m (18 ft to 26 ft) working height
- Scaling tool operated by a dual-acting hydraulic cylinder, and internal gear rotator providing 180° of rotation
- Pick with replaceable tooth
- Hydraulic hammer with up to 678 N•m (500 ft•lb) force
- 2769 mm (109 in) wide stance front tires
- Oscillating cradle lock-out, automatically activated with scaling brake
- Boom swing is accomplished, during scaling, with foot pedals that are activated when the scaling brake is set
- Optional front push blade, 2743 mm (108 in) wide