Getman mechanical scalers are a key component of maintaining safe and productive working environments in underground operations, performing the necessary task of scaling safely and effectively through a purpose-built design philosophy. Mechanical scaling is the safest way to bring down loose material from back and rib surfaces.
Getman’s S3120 mechanical scaler has an optimal roof scaling coverage range of 3 m to 7 m (9.8 ft to 23 ft), and an optimal rib scaling coverage range from 2 m to 7 m (6.5 ft to 23 ft). The single extension boom allows an advance over 4 m (13.1 ft) from a single setup, while the independently slewing boom allows for scaling in narrow mine sections.
S3120 scalers drive safety through purpose-built design, including an operator compartment removed from the scaling area at the far rear of the machine and a stable chassis that does not require stabilizers, making emergency maneuvers a single step operation. The optimized line of sight to the scaling area improves visibility and operational effectiveness, while the cabin is rubber-mounted onto the chassis to reduce vibration transfer to the operator.
- 3.5 m (11 ft 6 in) minimum recommended drift width for optimal scaling
- 6 m (20 ft) high-strength, reinforced telescopic boom
- Maximum boom height reach of 7.7 m (25 ft 3 in) with 3.6 m to 6 m (12 ft to 20 ft) working height
- Scaling tool operated by a dual-acting hydraulic cylinder, and internal gear rotator providing 180° of rotation
- Pick with replaceable tooth
- Hydraulic hammer with up to 678 N•m (500 ft•lb) force
- Oscillating cradle lock-out, automatically activated with scaling brake
- Joystick operated boom swing up to 25o in either direction
- Front push blade, 2769 mm (108 in) wide