Getman cable stringers are purpose-built mining vehicles designed to facilitate safe installation and recovery of electrical cable in underground mining operations. Cable stringers drive value by facilitating safe and efficient cable installations, and are also used in the removal of installed cable from areas of the mine where that cable is no longer needed, allowing for recouped materials costs and environmental credits for the reuse of materials.
Getman’s A64 Cable Stringer is designed to hang cable in tunnels with back heights ranging from 3.5 m high to 6.0 m high (11.5 ft to 19.5 ft), and is designed to work with up to 1980 mm (78 in) diameter cable spools up to 1220 mm (48 in) wide. Cable spools can be picked up and transported by lifting arms at the rear of the machine, simplifying the process of moving cable underground by removing any need to unspool. The 225 kg (500 lb) basket provides ample capacity for a worker and all required materials for cable stringing.
A64 cable stringers protect worker safety through purpose-built design, including fall arrest anchor points in all elevated work platforms. Machine stability is ensured through a simple system of steering and boom swing limitation, and counterbalance valves ensure a gradual and controlled decent of the boom in the unlikely event of a damaged hydraulic hose.
Cable Hanging Package
- Reel support structure mounted at rear of machine
- Reel arms will lift and carry reel spools up to 1980 mm (78 in) diameter and 1220 mm (48 in) wide, with a 4,300 kg (9,500 lb) capacity
- Alternate support shaft mounting accomodates smaller reels
- Hydrostatic reel drive motor with air spring loaded drive wheel with dual controls located on rear chassis and in man basket.
- 0.34 m3/min (12 cfm) air compressor for an air spring loaded drive wheel
- Getman telescopic boom with 2800 mm (110 in) hydraulic extension, and maximum 22° slewing to each side
- Counterbalance valves
- Dual boom and basket controls mounted at the boom turret and in man basket
- Self-leveling, non-rotating man basket with 227 kg (500 lb) capacity
- Non-skid deck
- Fall arrest tie-offs
- Engine start and engine stop in man basket
- Fire suppression actuator in man basket
- Four 610 mm (24 in) hydraulic stabilizers with internal pilot check valves
- Boom slewing limited to 11° while tramming to maintain stability without engaging hydraulic stabilizing jacks